Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vegan Almond Cheese

Here are my selection of ingredients. I have my measuring cup with warm water, the almonds in the tin, salt, agar powder, (frozen) red pepper, nutritional yeast and onion powder. I put the water and the agar in the blender together and they made a gel and then i added in the rest of the ingredients. 

make sure you blend it long enough to make sure it has a nice consistancy. this one came out fairly gritty but i have some that comes out much better. I'll post some pictures about that. 

I stuck it in a molding dish and put it in the refrigerator. It turned out fairly nice. I  added some more agar the next time that i made it and put it in a mini bundt pan. It came out in a nice mold and it worked great on the crackers with soup.

Recipe:
1 c. hot water
2 T. granulated Agar
1 C. almonds, slivered, blanched

1 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 T. nutritional yeast flakes
1 t. onion powder
1 1/2 T. lemon juice
1/4 bell paper, red, chopped

This is the cheese when it's in my refrigerator. :D
1. blend together the hot water and granulated agar for a few seconds. Add all the ingredients except for the almonds and blend for a bit. Then add the almonds to get a nice smooth texture. Blend for a while to make sure it's nice and smooth and not chunky. Pouru into a container or mold (i used a mini bundt pan a) refrigerate until it's firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment