Friday, June 22, 2012

Skinny Sushi/Kimbap

So i was looking today for sushi/kimbap recipes and the serving size to calorie count was like WOW! In one there were 2207 calories! I couldn't see myself eating that many calories at one meal so i played around in the kitchen and made something that was so low calorie i couldn't believe it! Okay, so after I saw the counts on the commercial ones i was shocked to see my own. So first what i put in mine is carrot, pearl rice, spinach and tvp (or vegetarian burger) and then seaweed on the outside. That's what i used for mine. You can put avacado, cucumbers, and so many more items in yours.
Also people asked me what is the difference between sushi and kimbap. Kimbap is Korean and Sushi is Japanese. Also sushi is usually dipped in a dipping sauce and kimbap is seasoned enough that dipping sauce isn't needed. Kimbap is (for me) lower in calories and fat.
So let's get rolling. Some people suggest that you use a bamboo rolling mat to help but i don't use that.
So..... I'm not giving exact measurements because it's different every time you make it. So
I put

1.5 carrot
1 block spinach
1 "batch" pearl rice
1 c. tvp (vegetarian "meat")
1 egg (optional. I made a few with egg and a few without. I can't eat eggs either)

Put a sheet of nori out on the rolling mat or clean and DRY counter. Put the rice close to the middle, then put spinach, carrot, tvp and egg. Roll over one end over the rice and push the filling in. Roll up and you can use water along the edge of the nori (seaweed) to help it stick. I made like 5 rolls from this. I haven't tried freezing it so i will invite my friends over and have them eat if for me. :)
93.1 calories per roll
0.2g fat
36.2 mg sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment