Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vegetarian Chili

Here's a great vegetarian chili recipe

1 can diced tomatoes' i used the chili diced tomatoes from western family
1 can black beans; use whatever bean you like to use for chili. I just grabbed a random one out of my pantry
1/2 cup water
1 T. Chili powder + or - depending on your likes
1 chili pepper
1/4 t .salt
1 T. soy sauce (shhhh my secret ingredient!)
1/4 c. onion; sauteed in the bottom of the sauce pan
1 clove of garlic; peeled and chopped into small bits

First sautee the onion in the bottom with the garlic. Then add in the tomatoes, beans, water and chili powder and chili. Then add salt and or soy sauce.  This recipe is more like a base to the chili. I put in like 1/3 c. of tvp meat and called it a soup!
I ate this with cornbread, and put some good old Sunflower chip dip in the soup as  like a sour cream. Have fun and eat up!
















No comments:

Post a Comment